Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The First 3 Months of Suga Booga

Kendal Janay is almost 90 days old…..Ninety days…..three months. I went to Target the other day and on my receipt it said “we accept returns or exchanges 90 days from date of receipt.” Most jobs have a 90 day probationary period. Most warranties are 90 days. My daughter is 90 days old; one quarter of a year. Well, Kendal cannot be returned. She is not on probation and her warranty cannot expire and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Had someone told me 90 days ago that my life would change this much, I would not have believed them. Of course I know my little girl would be my top priority but I didn’t know that I would change as a person.

90 days ago I worried very little….probably just about my family’s well being. Now I worry if Kendal doesn’t burp after a feeding. The level of my worrying is unbelievable. I worry if she cries and I don’t know why. I worry everyday of every minute about Kendal in some form or fashion.

90 days ago I had no idea how much love my heart could hold. I have loved before…I love my husband, my mom, my siblings but the love I have for Kendal is something I have never felt before.

90 days ago my identity was Pam……I am now identified as Kendal’s mom.

90 days ago my husband and I discussed current events over dinner…..now we discuss the color and consistency of Kendal’s poop while one of us eats and the other tend to Kendal.

90 days ago I strolled out of the office well after the end of my shift…..Now I rush out as soon as I complete my work, hurrying home to see my baby.

90 days ago I loved shopping for pumps, 7 jeans and little black dresses…..Now I shop for onesies, bibs and cute little girl dresses.

90 days ago I spoke in complete sentences in a normal tone. Now my voice is two octaves higher and I speaks words like Suga Booga and cutsie wootsie.

90 days ago I didn’t leave home without my Blackberry, IPod and Coach Bag…..Now I don’t leave home without my Snugli, Soothie and Baby Kaed diaper bag.

90 days ago I was a woman and a wife….Now I am a MOTHER!


Baby Girl is getting BIG!

Mama's Suga Booga!


Hey Mama!

I LOVE green beans!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why is she always making a fist?